I’ve kept up the momentum to complete yet another project (but you’d never know it to look at my work area). This is an embroidered pashmina for my aunt. I am so happy with how it came out I went and bought more for Christmas presents 🙂 . The pashminas are 70% cashmere 30% silk from Aileen’s Scarves on eBay. They’re a nice light blend that drapes beautifully. They wear well – I’ve had some for four years, just never took the step to embroider on them before. I just hand wash them in a mild dish soap and lay flat to dry.
Used a Schmetz gold 75/11 embroidery needle
Sulky Rayon 40 weight embroidery thread
* moved to always using Vilene in the hoop and Solvy water soluble stabilizer floated on top (I used Solvy on top and bottom for this one you’re seeing – it worked fine, but all others had a tad denser design I went with Vilene / fabric type WSS on the bottom (still Solvy on top as it tears off easily).
Pinned then machine basted the pashmina to the stabilizer
Set the machine to medium speed
Font is RHI from 8 Claws and a Paw
Border is Butterfly and Flower border from Embroidery Library (dense designs are not a good idea)
The border was edited (half was mirrored, then entire border flipped for top)
I’d been nervous about trying this and put it off for awhile. It was so easy! Hope to finish a few more soon.
This post is participating in Unknown Mami’s Sundays in My City – my Sunday was spent stitching and editing more designs. I”ll try to grab my camera more for when I’m out and about.